Every 3 years, the CNPS Conservation Conference brings together California’s conservation community for the largest gathering of its kind. Scientific sessions cover a broad spectrum of topics, and special events provide time for collaboration, networking, and fun.
Registration open now!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS: OPEN NOW THROUGH JULY 31
What is the Conservation Conference?
Whether your career centers around natural resources or you just love native plants, the CNPS Conservation Conference will have something for you. Pre-conference workshops provide professional skills training, while field trips allow you to get to know local plants with local experts. Three days of scientific sessions and special events provide a forum for collaboration and appreciation of our beautifully diverse flora. You will have opportunities to connect with like-minded others, while learning about current research and trends, and contributing to future plans for California’s native plants and natural habitats.
This is a fun but unique and crucial gathering of the California conservation community, and it only happens once every three years, so don’t miss out!
Technical topics will include vegetation classification and mapping, rare plant science, horticulture, invasive species management, conservation tools and trends, native plant landscaping, restoration, bryophytes, laws and regulations, climate change, plant and wildlife relationships, plant pathogens, and more!
Who will be there?
Over 1,000 attendees including professional and amateur botanists, biologists, ecologists, conservationists, landscaping professionals, nursery managers, land use planners, students, agency staff, policymakers, environmentalists, researchers, backyard gardeners, volunteers, and native plant lovers! CNPS members are especially encouraged to attend and represent their local chapters and initiatives from around the state.
Start networking now – RSVP and share the Facebook event page!
- Two days of pre-conference workshops and field trips
- Over 300 oral and poster presentations – Call for Abstracts open now through July 10, 2017!
- Student discounts, dedicated student sessions, and networking events
- Job and résumé board
- Plenty of volunteer opportunities and ways to get more involved
- Exhibit hall including CNPS Store
- Unique sponsorship opportunities
- Registration discounts for CNPS members
- Botanical art and photography exhibits
- Silent and live auctions for special deals on unique items and experiences
- Poetry/spoken word and music events to celebrate our flora
- Conveniently located next to LAX with free airport shuttle
- Negotiated room rates for conference attendees
Thursday, February 1
Grand Opening – Exhibit Hall & CNPS Store
Concurrent Sessions I & II
Opening Reception & Poster Session
Poets & Writers (Open Mic)
Songfest & Music Jam