This event would not be possible without phenomenal volunteers – we need all the help we can get to make this big event happen!
PLEASE REVIEW THE DETAILS ON THIS PAGE BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Volunteer?
Registered conference attendees are given preference for onsite volunteer positions, however anyone can sign up to help out. Position signups are first-come, first-served ahead of time.
Those who are registered for the full 3-day conference and volunteer at least 8 hours before or during the conference qualify for a $75 rebate on registration fees, by request after the conference once hours have been logged.
How To Sign Up
Volunteer sign-up is online through SignUp.com. Click here to enter the signup system and view available shifts.
You will be directed to create a free account on SignUp.com in order to sign up for volunteer shifts. You will be able to return to view and change your shifts with the login you create. SignUp will also send you an e-mail confirmation once you’ve completed signup, and a reminder e-mail two days before you are scheduled to volunteer.
Selecting Your Shifts
All volunteer shifts are in two-hour increments, so those working towards the rebate may sign up to work four or more shifts.
This is not required, but we encourage you to select the same volunteer role for all of your shifts (e.g., four shifts at the registration desk) when possible, and even better if you can do either two or four of those shifts consecutively, to help with ease of training.
You can change or cancel the shifts you’ve signed up for any time until January 21.
Please note: CNPS will try to avoid this as much as possible, but depending on shifting priorities and changing needs during the conference, you may be asked to volunteer for something other than what you’ve signed up for if we need more help elsewhere during your scheduled shift.
Onsite Volunteer Opportunities
- Registration Desk Prep: Prep and stuff name badges and registration bags
- Registration Desk: Stuff registration bags, check in conference attendees
- Registration Desk – Volunteer/Speaker Check-in: Assist staff with volunteer and speaker check-in
- Registration Desk – Speaker A/V: Assists with speaker check-in and gets presentation files to appropriate session rooms
- A/V Assistant: Assist A/V lead with set up of LCD projectors and computers
- Greeter: Help direct participants to workshops and field trips
- CNPS Store Set-Up: Assist with set-up of CNPS store
- Art Show Set-Up: Assist with set-up of Art Show
- Photo Show Set-Up: Assists with set-up of Photo Show
- Exhibit Hall: Check in and assist exhibitors with set-up
- CNPS Store: Assists staff in CNPS store
- Poster Session Set-Up: Directs poster presenters to their assigned space, assists with set up
- Songfest & Music Jam Set-up: Help unload equipment and set up music jam room
- Session Room Monitor: Time speakers and monitor room
- Banquet Ticket Check: Check tickets at the entrance to the banquet
- Art Show Breakdown: Assist with breakdown of Art Show
- Photo Show Breakdown: Assists with breakdown of Photo Show
- Conference Breakdown: Helps break down conference
At the Conference
Volunteer check-in will be located in the conference registration area on the ballroom level. Please plan to check in with the volunteer coordinators 15 minutes before your scheduled shift.